Top 9 Spring Cleaning Tips
One of the best spring cleaning tips there is, is to get a professional house cleaning service to come do it for you! But if you would like to get ready for spring on your own, we would like to help, so here are some of the top tips that can help you get your spring cleaning done and have your house cleaner than ever!
- Have a plan. Professional cleaners don’t just attack the mess, they have a plan on what and where they will clean and they go through each room methodically. You should do the same.
- Gather all your supplies before you get started. Grab a bucket and fill it with everything you will need to get your house clean. Having everything in one place will make cleaning up a lot easier.
- Start from the top down. Any professional house cleaning service will tell you that the right way to clean is to start at the top and work your way down toward the floor. Clean the tops of the ceiling fans first, this way any dust that winds up on the floor can be cleaned up later on.
- Avoid harsh cleansers. One of the best things about cleaning services is that they have the knowledge when it comes to what cleaning solution to use that works best. People make the mistake of thinking more is more when it comes to using cleanser. Powerful commercial chemicals are poisonous and harmful to the environment so go easy on the cleansers.
- Make it a family affair. Set aside a day and enlist the help of the whole family. Even the littlest member of the household can dust.
- Don’t Stress! If you cannot get it all done in one day don’t stress over it. Just start up the next day! You can even do one room a day instead of trying to get it all done in one day. Breaking up the cleaning schedule can ease some of the stress.
- Buy some organization tools. Staying organised will keep the mess to a minimum once the house is clean and make it a lot easier to clean up.
- Throw it out! Make three piles. A keep. A donate and a throw it away pile. Going through all the things that you own will cut down on the clutter and make cleaning easier.
- Use the right tools. Having the right tools can help you to get your spring cleaning done in a flash. Most of these can be bought relatively cheap at your local supermarket, Mitre 10 or even the Warehouse.
There you have it! A lot of this may sound basic, and it is! It really can be that easy if you stay organised, have the right tools and work methodically. But if you really don’t want to do all this, then just call us for the best cleaning in Auckland!